BEST OF THE BEST FROM LOCAL GARDENS
Vegetable Contest-Classes and Rules
1. Prettiest Indian Corn (3)
2. Best 3 Squash varity plate (1 each of 3 different varieties)
3. Longest Zucchini
4. Fattest Zucchini
5. Largest Carrot
6. Largest Potatoes (3)
7. Largest Tomatoes (3)
8. Tallest Pumkin
9. Oddest-looking vegetable
10. Vegetable Character (min. 5 different vegetables)
1. Registration: 10a.m.-11:45a.m. Saturday, September 7, 2002
2. Produce must be grown by the exhibitor or exhibitor's family.
3. Limit one entry per person per class.
4. All entries must be in place by noon, September 7, and must be left until 4p.m. on Sunday, September 8.
5. Display plates will be furnished. All displays must be picked up by 6p.m., Sunday, September 8, or they will be discarded.
6. Contest results at 3:45p.m. at Bandstand. Decision of Judges is final.
7. Awards as follows:
CATEGORIES 1-9 = $3.00 first; $2.00 second plus ribbons
CATEGORY 10 = $5.00 first' $3.00 second plus ribbons
BEST OF SHOW = $3.00 additional plus ribbon
The Farmers Market also encourages our local growers to donate produce to be put on consignment to be sold at the Farmers Market booth. Monies are donated to the Country Day's operating fund.